Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just Another Morning at the Maraj-Samuels Household

Crystal's Note: Hey TM :) I missed this little family, didn't you? I really hope you guys enjoy reading this cute little one-shot I wrote in approximately ten minutes (new record!). Just so you know, I write Mikayla's dialogue the way she pronounces some words in my head. Leave a comment! xoxoxoxo

Story Title: Just Another Morning at the Maraj-Samuels Household

If there was something Mikayla Maraj-Samuels loved more than anything in the world , it was playing princess. The grey-eyed toddler enjoyed putting on pink, sparkly tiara's and talking in an imperfect British accent. It was currently seven o' clock in the morning and the restless child decided to get up and play her favorite game while the rest of the house, minus her sister, was asleep.

"I am the Barbie princess!" the three-year old shouted, prancing around her room in a pink leotard and a white glittery tutu. She held a wand in the shape of a star and waved it at her toys. Mikayla owned about a hundred different barbies, which were all customized in her favor. She even had dolls that resembled Nicki, Safaree and Zaiann. The little diva began to cast enchanting spells until her older sister knocked on the door.

"Who is it?!"

"Zai! Can I come in?"

"NO!"

"MOMMY! KAY DOESN'T LET ME IN HER ROOM!"

Nicki nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard her daughter scream. She was currently sleeping in her master bedroom until she was suddenly awaken by Zaiann's extremely loud voice. Even after getting five hours of troubled sleep, Nicki managed to look radiant. The mother groaned then felt the side of her bed, expecting to find her husband there. He unfortunately wasn't.

"Safaree?" She called, scanning the room. He was nowhere in sight.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM, I DON'T LIKE YOU! UGLY!" Mikayla yelled, obviously upset at the intruder. Nicki rubbed her aching head then sighed. She hated when her girls fought; it was something they did often.

Nicki got out of her bed and was greeted by one of her bodyguards at the door.

"Good morning Nicki, Safaree told me to tell you that he would be back by noon. His sister needed his assistance."

"Shopping for her baby?" The mother asked. Kyle simply nodded in return and moved to the side so Nicki could pass.

"If he calls, I'll be in the girls room. Make sure some breakfast is being cooked for them. And don't forget to tell Lee-Ann about Kay's vitamins!"

Kyle already knew these things but nodded in understanding anyway. Paige, Nicki's current assistant was downstairs cooking omelets with bacon and Lee-Ann, who was Zaiann and Mikayla's nutritionist, was already out buying a new bottle of tinker bell vitamins. Nicki never had to worry about the absence of good service in her house, her team was always there to keep things under control. Ever since she had the girls, she knew extra help would be needed. Her hectic schedule and lifestyle was too much for her daughters and she vowed, along with her husband, to keep them out of it as much as they could. So far, the mother of two thought they were doing just fine.

Until the girls fought, that is.

"Gimme back my wand! It's mine, butt head!"

"I just wanna see it, you fugly witch!"

"I'm not a witch! I'M A PRINCESS!"

"NO YOU ARE NOT!"

"Yes. I. AM!"

"GIRLS!"

Zaiann and Mikayla immediately stopped and looked at their highly-upset mother. She stood by the doorway and waited for her girls to calm down. Both hands were placed firmly on her hips and her brown eyes seemed to burn into both of her daughters faces. Zaiann let go of the wand and dropped her gaze to the floor. Mikayla, on the other hand, smiled brightly at her mother, showing off her two missing teeth. Nicki couldn't help but think she was the cutest little thing in the world and tried hard to stifle her laugh.

"Now which one of you want to tell me what is going on here? And DO NOT talk over each other, understand?" Nicki said, keeping her tone strict and motherly. Mikayla, as brave as she was, dared to raise her hand.

"I guess we'll start with you lady bug. What happened?"

"I was playing with my wand and my dollies, then all of a sutten, Zai comes in without my permishion and takes my wand! She said I'm not a princess mommy." The three-year old briefly shared, feeling sad about the last part. Nicki looked at her oldest daughter who was too afraid to look back.

"Zai, come here please."

"No."

"Zai, I said to come here. You know mommy gets upset when you don't listen."

"But I didn't do anything!"

"Zai,"

"She's the one who started it! If she just let me in her room without-"

"Zaiann, come here. Now." The frustrated mother said, waiting patiently for her daughter to approach her. Zaiann groaned then began to take small steps. Nicki crossed her arms against her chest and continued to wait.

"I can stand here all day Zai. You can be cute all you want but I'm not going anywhere."

"UGH!"

In a matter of seconds, the feisty seven-year old stomped her way to her mother. Nicki bent down so she was at eye-level with the child then began to speak.

"Why did you come into Kay's room without her permission?"

"Because she didn't want me in here!"

"Don't raise your voice at me, understand? I'm not raising my voice at you, am I?"

The upset girl nodded a brief "no" as tears began to descend from her hazel eyes. As much as it pained Nicki to do this, she knew discipline was necessary for her girls.

"Exactly. Now, I've told you a thousand times before that you have your own room and so does Kay. That is obviously for a reason Zai. If she doesn't want to be bothered, just leave her alone. And you, I don't like the fact that you wanna be screaming so loud at her your sister. I told you about that already."

"Sorry mommy, it won't happen again." Mikayla immediately apologized, smiling at her mother afterwards. Nicki rolled her eyes then turned back to her oldest.

"No crying baby girl, I'm not going to punish you but I am giving you a warning. I don't like when you girls fight. You know that."

Zaiann nodded then reached out for a hug. She held onto her mother tightly then whispered one last apology in her ear before letting go.

"So, we have an agreement? No more fighting?"

"Yes, mommy." Both girls said in unison. Nicki smiled then spotted the barbie doll that was made to look like her. She picked it up and began to examine its appearance.

"Kay, why is my hair missing?" Nicki asked, staring at the bald doll in horror. Mikayla, along with her older sister giggled.

"Zai did it! She said since daddy is a baldie, you are a baldie too!" The three-year old informed her, holding out the ken doll that resembled her father. Nicki laughed as an idea popped into her head.

"Oh really? Mmm... hey Zai?"

"Yes?"

"Get me daddy's razor. I'm gonna shave Kay's hair and see how she feels."

Mikayla's grey eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets as she began to scream and ran away from her mother, who began to chase her around the room.

"I'm going to get you, you crazy bug! Come here!"

"No!" The small girl giggled. She continued to run away until Nicki caught her and began to tickle her.

A few minutes later, SB arrived and searched for his family by checking every room. Once he reached Mikayla's room he couldn't help but stand by the door and watch his beautiful girls laugh and play, including their flawless mother. An inevitable smile formed on his face as Zaiann pretended to shave off Mikayla's hair with his razor.

"So I leave for an hour and this is what I come back too?" He announced as all three of them stopped. Mikayla, happy at the sight of her father, escaped from her mother and sister then jumped on SB.

"Daddy!"

"Hey Kay! What's up baby girl?"

"It's been quite a morning daddy! I fought with Zai and mommy yelled at us, then she started to chase me around with your razor! You missed it!" Mikayla exclaimed with excitement as SB laughed.

"Really? Well that's okay, we can just chase mommy around with my razor." SB offered, looking at his wife with a devious smile.

Nicki, suddenly feeling like a target, tried to push past her husband but failed miserably and ended up being attacked on the floor. While the girls held her down, SB pretended to shave her head and laughed.

It was just another morning at the Maraj-Samuels household.

The End

4 comments: